CDR Baughman was selected for his performance as CO, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Mobile Unit FIVE, and is the first recipient of this award from the Explosive Ordnance Disposal community. CDR Parker was selected for his performance as CO, USS Donald Cook (DDG 75).
These other men deserve well-earned congratulations:
Pacific Fleet finalists:
- CDR Mark D. Behning, CO, USS Nevada (SSBN 733)
- CDR Terrence A. Hoeft, CO, Helicopter Combat Support Squadron 12
- CDR Timothy J. Kott, CO, USS Hopper (DDG 70)
Fleet Forces Command finalists:
- CAPT Michael P. Holland, former CO, USS Providence (SSN 719)
- CDR Richard G. McGrath, CO, Strike Fighter Squadron 87
- CDR Travis C. Schweizer, former CO, Naval Special Warfare Squadron 4
More on previous winners.
**In August 2006, CAPT Babette Bolivar was recognized as the CNO’s Pacific Fleet Finalist for the VADM James Stockdale Leadership Award. To date, she has been the only woman nominee. She is the CO of Naval Weapons Station Yorktown**