Try breaking up the ice with questions like:
- "Why does it feel like we are having the same meeting and discussion, over and over again?"
- "Why don't we just try it and see what happens?"
- "Specifically what (or who) is getting in the way of us making a decision?"
- "When exactly will we have a final answer on this?"
For the sake of empowering the Navy to make great ideas happen, I make this plea:
- Be the person who asks the annoying questions.
- Don't try to get everyone to agree. Instead, put people on the spot to share their objections.
- When there is ambiguity about the next step, call it out! Your boss will be glad you did. Your peers will admire you. Your wife will beam in your presence. Your dog will get you the paper. Life will be good.
You can find them HERE.