Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Catching up with our OPNAV N2/N6 IDC Leadership's Professional Reading

The MEDICI EFFECT by Frans Johansson is featured in a number of OPNAV  N2/N6 briefings on Information Dominance and the U.S. Navy's Cyber Warfare Vision. 


This is an absolute "MUST READ" for serious IDC professionals.  We need to read what our senior-most leaders are reading.  Since this book is featured in the various Admirals' briefs, I am making a leap of faith that they've done the reading.  As good followers who strive to become great leaders, the rest of us have to do the homework and keep pace with our bosses.


Click on the title above and you can save yourself some money.  Frans Johansson was smart enough to create his own website and it features his book for FREE.  He's done his part.  We need to do ours and become more knowledgeable about what our leaders are reading and thinking.  We owe our followers that much. Pay up!

I consider myself to be evangelistic regarding N2/N6's approach to moving the IDC forward.  This book is an EXCELLENT read.  I am hopeful that our seniors in the IDC have read it.  It is worth their time.  I put this near the top of the books I've read this year (past 5 years, really).  Hatchette publishing recently asked me to review one of their books - wish it had been this one.

3 comments:

My kids' Mom said...

Sounds interesting.

Thank you. I will find it and read it.

Kind regards from Sweden

General Quarters said...

Just read it. Struck me as an earnest thesis on the merits of a classical liberal education. If I had it to do over again, I would elect to do a great books program such as is offered at St. John's College in Annapolis.

Unleash Enthusiasm Here! said...

Thanks for posting CAPT. I have been reading between taskers here and actually had something to talk about over dinner that I learned at work.

Even if I did initially mis-pronounce Medici