Sunday, July 3, 2022

Inordinately Fortunate

 

I was inordinately fortunate during my early professional career.  I worked for some truly awful leaders.

Thus, during the subsequent free time that life sometimes provides, I always had a full wagonload of professional grist waiting to grind.  The important questions were always the same.  Why had my bosses acted without apparent thought?  Why didn't my supervisors understand the effects their actions had on people?

Why had our team always done everything the hard way?

I had spent hours on these questions.

For the answers to these and other penetrating leadership questions, read Rear Admiral Dave Oliver, Jr.'s book, LEAD ON! A Practical Approach to Leadership  

You can get a preview HERE.

My signed copy is available for loan.  Shoot me an e-mail.

1 comment:

HMS Defiant said...

What's going on?

How are things progressing as we move from War to Peace and back?