Thursday, March 7, 2013

You know, I thought that I knew the guy who wrote this book

I worked pretty hard for a Captain who certainly could have written this book.  Turns out, he would have been about 50 years too late in the writing.  He certainly perfected the art of avoiding work.  Never did get his Ph.D. though and was neither a straight shooter nor a straight thinker.

That's my shot over the bow.

I just saw this book cover and it made me smile.  I've never been afraid of work of any kind.  But I've certainly worked for men and women who were.

I remember one boss telling me, "Hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk?"  (I'm sure he stole that from someone else.)

Sometimes your boss's only purpose may be to serve as a bad example.  There's a leadership lesson in there somewhere.


1 comment:

LCDRLDO/6440 said...

I believe this book was a AIR requirement for me when I was an E5. :)