Saturday, July 18, 2009

600th Post


34 years ago, today, I was enjoying my 4th day in the Navy. Since then, I have had nearly 10,946 "great Navy days" (according to Captain David M. MacDougall) before my retirement in 2006.

I had no idea what this blog would become when I started. I just needed an outlet for some of my thoughts and favorite quotes.

There's really nothing original here, but I think it has become a collection of some pretty good thoughts and ideas about Naval leadership.

200-300 people visit each day. Some on purpose. Some by mistake. All are appreciated.

9 comments:

Jason Knudson said...

Keep the blogs coming.

Richard Van Dyke said...

Is this the David Mac Dougall that served at Winter Harbor in the late '60's?

Mike Lambert said...

Richard,

It is the same guy. He is retired now and living in Norfolk.

All the best
Mike

Richard Van Dyke said...

Is there a confidential way to get hold of him (email etc.). I served with him at NSGA Winter Harbor in 1968 when he was a CTA2.

Mike Lambert said...

Richard,

Send me an e-mail at

mikelambert@therealnavy.com

USNchic said...

Hey, that image is my blog header! At least you have it linking back to my blog. :)

Your blog looks interesting and I look forward to reading it. What route did you take to go from enlisted to officer? My husband is an LDO.

Mike Lambert said...

USN Chic,
Thanks for your comment. I went from E-5 to Ensign. Navy paid for my B.A. in Russian then commissioned me.

Thank you for your service in the Navy and for your husband's continuing service. My current boss is an LDO Captain (retired). We love MUSTANGS !!!

Thanks for the Blog Header. Gave me a chance to link back to you.

All the best
Mike

Mike Lambert said...

USN Chic,

BTW my wife is a cheesehead from Green Bay !!

USNchic said...

haha! She must be a VERY cool woman!