Monday, March 3, 2008

My former boss - Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld

- I'm not into this detail stuff.
- I'm more concepty.
- I don't do quagmires.
- I don't do diplomacy.
- I don't do foreign policy.
- I don't do predictions.
- I don't do numbers.
- I don't do book reviews.
- Now, settle down, settle down. Hell, I'm an old man, it's early in the morning and I'm gathering my thoughts here.
- If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't, I'll just respond, cleverly.
- Oh, Lord. I didn't mean to say anything quotable.

I served as his Staff Director for the Detainee Task Force (Geren-Maples Group) from May 2004 until I retired in May 2006. SECDEF is a brilliant, selfless American patriot. Those who say otherwise have not had the great pleasure and honor of working for him.

No comments: