Tuesday, February 12, 2008

PROCEEDINGS

Another article in the works. A look back at 27 years of the VADM James Bond Stockdale Leadership Award winners. The article is tentatively titled "The League of Extraordinary Officers and Gentlemen". 35 years ago today, 12 Feb 1973 VADM J.B. Stockdale was released from captivity in Vietnam. His stoic approach to his imprisonment earned him the undying respect of his fellow captives and the Medal of Honor. I interviewed VADM Phil M. Quast (the first Stockdale Award winner) today. I also sent e-mail questions to all winners who are still on active duty. Some of the winners include: VADM Charles Moore, ADM Michael G. Mullen, ADM Thomas Fargo, ADM Jonathan Greenert, RADM Bruce Grooms.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You personally interviewed VADM Stockdale? If you did, that is very impressive. I can't say I had ever heard of him until I read your website, but I find him very profound and another very inspirational leader. I can't imagine interviewing him. How exciting!