Monday, August 16, 2010

Maintaining perspective on CO firings

Today I was reminded, appropriately, by a Navy Public Affairs professional that while 12 Navy Commanding Officers have been relieved this year, more than 1000 other Commanding Officers are leading their commands competently with the honor, courage and commitment expected of them by their Chief of Naval Operations.

So, while these 12 officers have reflected negatively upon themselves and the Naval service, the VAST majority of our men and women in command are doing a job worthy of the trust and respect of the Navy and the nation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Capt...and I quote...."the VAST majority of our men in women in command are doing a job worthy"

That exactly why these men are getting fired! "men in women" :)

On a serious note:

These 12 COs have affected at lease 6000 or so Sailors and in a bad way! If these 6000 or so Sailor exit the Navy these 12 COs should be held accountable for it and asked to retire without pension...so the comment: "more than 1000 other Commanding Officers are leading their commands competently" just doesn't cut it with me!

These COs are put in place to both command and take care of Sailors! 1 COs fired is BS....12 COs firings means the process is hosed up!

Mike Lambert said...

Freudian slip? 'men in women'.

Thanks for the assist. I appreciate it.

Identify yourself 'anonymous' and I will give you one year free subscription to the blog. Oh wait, it's already free. Thanks for reading and correcting.

Anonymous said...

Capt,

I love your blog and read it daily...being active duty I prefer not to identify myself...But I'll take the free subscription! :)

-Anonymous Senior Chief

Mike Lambert said...

Many thanks Senior Chief. Keep reading. I'll keep posting.