Friday, August 27, 2010

Gone Three Years Now - Still Missing Our Shipmate Ronald N. Schwartz

My Command Master Chief, CTMCM (SW) Ronald N. Schwartz passed away three years ago today (27 August 2007). I had the privilege of promoting him to Master Chief Petty Officer while I was Commanding Officer of U.S. Naval Security Group Activity Yokosuka, Japan and presiding over his retirement ceremony while I was Director of Training at the Center for Naval Cryptology - Corry Station in Pensacola, Florida. He was a remarkable Chief Petty Officer. He is remembered fondly and greatly missed by the many Shipmates (including me) that he trained over the years.

The Chiefs' Mess is a man down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sailor, rest your oar.

Navyman834

Anonymous said...

We miss you, Shipmate! You were a great LPO, Chief, Mentor and Friend! I am glad I had the privilege of knowing and serving with you!

Joe Marcus