Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Scourge of Sexual Assault in the Navy

From the 21st Century Sailor and Marine RhumbLine of 5 March 2012

Safety
  • Aggressively prevent sexual assaults from occurring, support sexual assault victims, and hold offenders accountable. The 21st Century Sailor and Marine will not tolerate any form of sexual assault.
  •  Improve motorcycle safety by closing the training gap with the Military Sportbike Rider Course (MSRC).
In my mind, sexual assault is NOT a safety issue but a CRIMINAL one.  Putting this in the same category as motorcycle safety trivializes a FELONY.   Telling someone to call the DOD Safe Helpline is stupid not smart.  If you don't believe me, give them a call and see what kind of help you get.  CALL 911 and get the police involved from the start.  3 digits are easier to remember, also.  What was that DOD number I need to call, 877-???-????

BTW, did 20th Century Sailors and Marines tolerate any form of sexual assault?  I don't think so.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think 22nd Century Sailors will be even less tolerant.

Matt Cegelske said...

Couldn't agree more Captain. It was presented today the same way in CHINFO clips right along with the PRT, Suicides, Alcohol abuse, and you mentioned Motorcycle safety.

VR/Matt Cegelske

Anonymous said...

I have never been as ashamed of my Navy as I am now. I hold my head in my hands in absolute shame.

Anonymous said...

Anon @ 1:04: You need to rethink your feeling about the Navy because being ashamed of it is a broad and all-encompassing statement. There are aspects / current events that are very disappointing. But, ashamed of the Navy as a whole? Never.

Anonymous said...

Captain Lambert,

What should one expect except that the Navy with the forced integration of female personnel and those that avoided DADT as being personnel qualified for Navy combat duty are welcomed with open arms. When you start enlisting individuals who are not necessarily going to want to be a warrior and have other alternative motives to get in the Navy, what else could you expect?

Very Respectfully,
Navyman834