This award consists of a bronze medal and ribbon and is presented annually to one third-year (in a 3-year program) or fourth-year cadet (in a 4-year program) that meets the following criteria:
- Rank in the top 25% of their AS class.
- Rank in the top 25% of their high school class.
- Demonstrate qualities of dependability and good character.
- Demonstrate adherence to military discipline.
- Possess leadership ability and a fundamental and patriotic understanding of the importance of JROTC training.