Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Award Winner - Proud of this one


After my award rant a week ago, I did want to point to one award I have that still gives me a great deal of pride, even 39 years later.  It was awarded to me as a Squadron Commander when I was a Cadet Lieutenant Colonel in Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps in the GR71st AFJROTC at General H.H. Arnold High School in Wiesbaden, Germany.

DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION (DAR) AWARD

This award consists of a bronze medal and ribbon and is presented annually to one third-year (in a 3-year program) or fourth-year cadet (in a 4-year program) that meets the following criteria:
  1. Rank in the top 25% of their AS class. 
  2. Rank in the top 25% of their high school class.
  3. Demonstrate qualities of dependability and good character.
  4. Demonstrate adherence to military discipline.
  5. Possess leadership ability and a fundamental and patriotic understanding of the importance of JROTC training.

No comments: