"While researchers leave open the matter of which format is best for rendering thanks for small favors, courtesies, presents or a tuna casserole supper, there is a growing sense that the old, reliable handwritten note is making a comeback — and not just as a prop on “Tonight.”"
I am mostly pleased with the career I had in the Navy but I can see the "thank you's" to the Navy leaning more this way:
Thank you Navy for:
- Keeping me from my family for half my career.
- Teaching me how to smoke.
- Introducing me to alternate lifestyles.
- Killing my knees, elbows and back.
- Introducing me to my lifelong friend - alcohol.
- Allowing me to enjoy my three weddings.
- Ensuring my kids remain strangers.