Monday, January 7, 2013
A few ideas for your consideration
1. Things are never as bad as they appear, and will always look better in the morning.
2. Get angry at the right person at the right time and then get over it.
3. Do not link your ego to your position; remain open-minded
4. Never say never. The glass is half full. The job can be done.
5. Be careful what you wish for as it will likely happen.
6. Do not let negative facts drive good decisions.
7. You can not make someone else’s choices; don’t let them make yours.
8. The devil is in the details so check them—you get what you inspect; not what you expect.
9. Share credit when you get a BZ, and take the heat when your division, dept, ship, or organization goons it.
10. Always remain calm and be kind; its nice to be nice.
11. Have a vision and be demanding but not condescending.
12. Lead by example and try and establish good, self-sustaining habits from the get go.
13. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
14. When in doubt step back, take a deep breath, ask for help and get the big picture.
15. Make all tasks and tasking fun and maintain your sense of humor even in when times are tough.
Courtesy of Commander Tony Parisi
Adapted from Colin Powell's list