Monday, April 2, 2012
April is Navy Sexual Assault Awareness Month
• Sexual assault is a crime that will not be tolerated.
• The Department of the Navy is taking action to eliminate sexual assault from our ranks.
• The goal of this year’s SAAM campaign is to heighten awareness and prevention efforts.
• Eliminating sexual assault from our ranks is an all hands effort that is leadership driven.
• Leadership will support victims, hold offenders appropriately accountable, and ensure all parties receive due process of law.
• “Small,” negative behaviors, such as sexist comments and crude jokes, initiate a continuum of harm that encourages sexual harassment and sexual assault.
• Every member of the Navy-Marine Corps team is responsible for creating a command climate that is intolerant of sexual harassment and sexual assault.
• Successfully functioning and mission-ready commands are focused on trusted professional relationships that are respectful of individual dignity and diversity.
Help stop Sailor on Sailor crime !!