We took the SECNAV's memo on INNOVATION to heart and jumped in with both feet on 21 April. To that end, we:
- Established our command Innovation Advisory Council - co-chaired by the XO and the President of our First Class Petty Officers' Association,
- Defined the processes and responsibilities for accelerating innovation across the command,
- My command Innovation Tiger Team identified and connected with critical "beyond the command lifelines" stakeholders,
- Allocated command funds for innovative ideas iaw through OPNAVINST 1650.8D (CASH AWARDS FOR MILITARY PERSONNEL FOR SUGGESTIONS, INVENTIONS, SCIENTIFIC ACHIEVEMENTS AND DISCLOSURES), and
- Are working to develop an efficient innovation process to support DON-wide innovation objectives for the future. We want to lead in all areas possible.