|NOSC Rock Island, Illinois|
The relief occurred as the result of an investigation into allegations of hazing during a drill weekend as well as other command climate issues. LCDR O'Neill has been temporarily reassigned to the Army Garrison at Rock Island Arsenal in Rock Island, Illinois.
Other COs fired in 2013:
1. Commander Thomas Winter: CO USS MONTPELIER - loss of confidence in his ability to command.
2. Commander Luis Molina: CO USS PASADENA - loss of confidence in executing his duties.
3. Commander Nathan Sukols: CO USS JACKSONVILLE - due to loss of confidence in his ability to command.
4. Captain David Hunter: CO Maritime Expeditionary Security Squadron 12, Coastal Riverine Group 2 due to “unprofessional behavior.”
5. Commander Corey Wofford: CO USS KAUFFMAN - due to lackluster leadership.