The leader should ask these questions:
1. What successes have we enjoyed and what have been the secrets to those successes?
2. What is really bothering you about the organization and my leadership style?
3. What opportunities are we missing?
4. What mistakes have we made or are we making?
5. How can we make next year even more productive?
From Maj Gen Perry M. Smith's book Rules and Tools for Leaders
Things to consider:
How have we done with the milestones outlined in
(1) NNWC Strategic Plan Goal 2 Extend and optimize the use of Information Operations Capabilities
(2) CNO Guidance for 2007 and 2008 Tasking
- Goal 5 Ensure U.S. Navy forces achieve decision superiority.
- Goal 8.1.8 Develop Information Warfare Planners that integrate Information Operations across campaign planning.
(3) United States Fleet Forces Command's 2008 Annual Plan
- NNWC Mission and Five Focus Areas