- understand that circumstances change and that they must remain flexible.
- empower everyone in their organization and always treat others as they want to be treated.
- are selfless and develop subordinates' traits of leadership.
- good leaders have solid integrity and trust in their own abilities, as well as those of their employees.
- take ownership of a situation or problem regardless of how small.
- foster a team attitude.
Followers and those outside a leader's purview observe actions, thoughts, words, and facial expressions. Leaders must remain aware aware of even their smallest gestures because their integrity is as delicate as their leadership position.