Saturday, September 9, 2017
10 Reasons I Have Enjoyed Blogging Here
1. It allowed me to engage with a wonderful author and to write the Chapter 1 opening vignette for a New York Times/Wall Street Journal/Amazon best-selling business book. Dr. Stephen Covey and Bono 'open' for me. Multipliers by Liz Wiseman is available HERE.
2. It gave me the opportunity to help a Pulitzer prize winning author with research for his story on The SeaWitch in TIME magazine with a link HERE.
3. It has allowed me to remain connected to the Navy's cryptologic community, which I love. The community dissolved and was reconstituted.
4. It earned me an invite to speak at a Women In Defense forum and to contribute ideas to numerous professional publications.
5. It has allowed others to freely express their frustrations on a variety of topics important to them.
6. It allowed me to expand the network of Sailors of all paygrades that I mentor and with whom I share lessons learned.
7. It allowed me to collaborate with the former CNO on avenues to gain recognition of the Navy as a TOP 50 Employer in the United States.
8. It allowed me to keep alive the memory of some stellar Sailors.
9. It has allowed me to write every day, which I love.
10. It has connected me to some great Navy veterans and many others who proudly serve today.