Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jim Murphy - A real professional

Sailors at all levels need more than just “Zeroing in on Excellence,” but it’s a fantastic and appropriate start for the new MCPON. If taken to heart, it will go a long way toward making the best Navy better. Professional sailors will heed his words and turn them into action; amateurs will disregard his call as just another new program. As MCPON Stevens wrote, we need professionals; there is no room for amateurs. 

From Jim Murphy's excellent article in the December issue of PROCEEDINGS magazine.  You can read it all HERE.

I have been espousing the value of Command Excellence for nearly 26 years, since my first seminar in 1986.  It's ALL good stuff.  Nice to see the MCPON is onboard!!

1 comment:

Jim Murphy said...

Captain Lambert, thank you for sharing the article. I must say I was more than a little surprised to open your blog this morning and see my name in today's headline. I appreciate the description which followed, but the column is about leadership concepts we desperately need, not the author.

As always, I sincerely appreciate your support and encourage lively debate and discussion on the article.

All the best and V/R,
Jim