Friday, February 15, 2008

Navy Leaders

- If the Navy is to regain its soul and its respect,
the answer lies in the right kind of leaders.
- Leaders who understand that the seemingly
arcane concepts of tradition, loyalty, discipline
and moral courage have carried the Navy through
cyclical turbulence in peace and war.
- Leaders who are imbued with a solemn duty to
preserve sacrosanct ideals and pass them on to
succeeding generations ...
- It is time to give the Navy back to such leaders.

Senator James Webb

1 comment:

cat said...

I just happened upon your blog. My dad is a retired Navy Commander, he was chief engineer on the Nimitz, I think. I've lived all my life with the greatest of respect for all branches of the Military, but I'm planning to get into the Naval Academy and become a fighter pilot. I'm hoping that my involvement in the local Civil Air Patrol PC Squadron will help me with that.
Cat